Why Business LAUNCH Workbook?
This workbook provides you not only with a suite of tools, but also a process that will transform plans into action.
The LAUNCH workbook is the product of hundreds of hours spent working with small businesses in a variety of different industries. It’s designed to get you moving and propel your business idea forward.
We have designed LAUNCH to be approachable, easy to use, and in-depth. It is meant to challenge users to think beyond their initial idea, and actually begin visualizing it in the real world, as a business.
When starting a business, founders are left with no choice but to make assumptions. The best we can do is try to test them and view them from different vantage points. This workbook is intended to provide a framework with which those assumptions can be shaped and challenged.
You will find that LAUNCH provides a system for you to both zoom in on the individual pieces of your business in isolation and zoom out to see the business operating with goals, opportunities, and potential.
This workbook will help you plan your initial steps, set objectives, and walk away with an action plan for your first six months. LAUNCH will help you prepare a fully functioning business model through the following activities:
Develop your unique offering to customers:
- Identify customers and how to reach them;
- Work through how your business brings in revenue;
- Think through essential activities and resources needed;
- Understand and plan for costs associated with the business.
LAUNCH also helps you to create a plan by considering:
- The competitive environment;
- Your strengths as a business;
- Six-month sales and financial targets;
- Risks that might prevent your business from succeeding.
LAUNCH will also help you
- Plan and organize the work to be done within a given time frame, thereby reducing risk, boosting confidence, and initiating efforts to move the idea on to the next stages of development.
- Momentum is powerful, and the act of starting will lead to new discoveries, innovation, continued energy, and help you create your own luck.
Momentum is powerful, and the act of starting will lead to new discoveries, innovation, continued energy, and hlep you create your own luck.
- Print Length: 176 pages
- Dimensions: 11” x 8.125” x 1.125”
- Weight: 1.59 lbs
- Language: English
- 5 Parts, 28 Sections
- High-end construction with pages that are meant to be written in
- 360 degree Wire-O bound
- High-gloss, life-resistant cover
Summary of Contents:
Part 1: Awareness
AWARENESS is the light that illuminates the path forward. Part 1 will act as a mirror to develop self-understanding and is all about getting to know yourself before jumping into the creation of your business.
Section 1: Beginning
Section 2: Desires, Enjoyment & Skills
Section 3: Needs
Section 4: Perception
Section 5: You are an engineer
Section 6: You are an architect
Part 2: Big Picture
Part 2 is about painting your picture of the future. How do you envision your business as time passes and the business grows?
Section 7: Vision
Section 8: Purpose
Section 9: Goals
Part 3: Business Modeling
In part 3, we will piece together how the business operates by building a business model step by step, constructed with all of your carefully considered components.
Section 10: Value Proposition
Section 11: Customers
Section 12: Channels
Section 13: Customer Relationships & Touchpoints
Section 14: Revenue Model
Section 15: Business Activities
Section 16: Resources
Section 17: Summary of Costs
Section 18: Partnerships
Section 19: Business Model Summary
Part 4: Alignment
ALIGNMENT represents the business’s place in the world. You have a business model; now we will look at how that model fits into the real world.
Section 20: Competitive Analysis
Section 21: Sales
Section 22: Lifeline Analysis
Section 23: Propulsions & Risks
Part 5: Map Creation
In Part 5, you will create your map. This is where it all comes together. At this point, your work has combined conceptual planning and structural building.